Y Type Strainer
Y-strainers are used to remove solids from liquid, gas, or steam applications in small volumes. Y-strainers can be fitted with a blow off connection on the cover, to permit cleaning the screen without removing the cover. Y-strainers are offered in 150# to 1500# class. These strainers are designed for improved with trouble free service. These are easy to install and prevents the introduction of foreign matter in the pipelines. This saves the reoccurring expenditure in costly repairs and replacements. We also provide customization facility to our clients at competitive prices.
- Material of constriction: Carbon and Stainless Steel in various grades – Other materials available on request
- Manufacturing rang: casting – ¼” to 12”, forging – ½” to 4”, Fabricated – 2” to 24,” other size on request
- Filtration Range: 5 micron to 8000 microns
- End connection: Fanged (as per requested std), threaded (NPT of BSP), Butt weld, Socket Weld
- Pressure rating: Up to 2500 psi other higher pressure rating on request
- Free straining area: 4 to 8 times of pipe C/S area.
- Inlet / outlet connections at right angles or offset configuration reduces piping cost
- Strainers are design with a low pressure drop
- All strainers are manufactured and tested in accordance with ASME Code, Section VIII, Division 1, using welders certified to Section IX.
- All strainers are hydrostatically tested to 1.5 times design pressure.
- Compact, lightweight fabricated vessels
- Heavy duty basket design for a long life
- Certification: IBR form III C, Pressure drop and Shock test
- Testing: RT, DPT, PMI,UT, IGE, and stage wise TPI inspections
- Vent & Drain valves or piping
- Differential Pressure gauge or switch – convenient indication of dirty baskets
- Cover lift: davit arm assembly or jib crane.
- Special internal and external coatings
- Lining: Rubber, FRB or PTFE lining with spark tests