Tee Type Strainer
The “Tee” strainers are suitable for either horizontal or vertical (downward flow) piping. Free straining area is minimum 6 times pipe CS area. Standard elements are 40 mesh stainless steel welded. Stiffeners made of rods form the skeleton of the filter elements. The mesh is spot welded with the stiffeners for maximum strength. Different size perforations and meshes are available in Stainless steel, , and brass to meet specific media requirements. Other materials of construction for filters can be provided on request. This pressure drop chart is based on the flow of clean water through 6 mesh (approx 1/8” hole size) perforations.
- Material of constriction: Carbon and Stainless Steel in various grades – Other materials available on request
- Manufacturing rang: Fabricated – 2” to 40,” other size on request
- Filtration Range: 5 micron to 8000 microns
- End connection: Fanged (as per requested std) & Butt weld,
- Pressure rating: Up to 2500 psi other higher pressure rating on request
- Free straining area: 2 to 4 times of pipe C/S area.
- Inlet / outlet connections at right angles or offset configuration reduces piping cost
- Strainers are design with a low pressure drop
- All strainers are manufactured and tested in accordance with ASME Code, Section VIII, Division 1, using welders certified to Section IX.
- All strainers are hydrostatically tested to 1.5 times design pressure.
- Compact, lightweight fabricated vessels
- Heavy duty basket design for a long life
- Certification: IBR form III C, Pressure drop and Shock test
- Testing: RT, DPT, PMI,UT, IGE, and stage wise TPI inspections
- Vent & Drain valves or piping
- Differential Pressure gauge or switch – convenient indication of dirty baskets
- Cover lift: davit arm assembly or jib crane.
- Special internal and external coatings
- Lining: Rubber, FRB or PTFE lining with spark tests